Are you looking for a challenging, real-world, internship experience where you get to see what it’s like to run a small business from the inside out?
Right now, we have a number of internship opportunities OPEN!
We are dedicated to providing small office and home office business owners and self-employed professionals training and coaching to run successful businesses and still have time for a great life.
Started by Certified Professional Business Coach, Deanna Maio in 2008, this start-up environment creates innovative, affordable, and fast-acting solutions to help women entrepreneurs stop wasting time and start making more money. Prior to starting her own business, Deanna spent over ten years as a manager, instructional designer and workshop facilitator.
- Increase skills that can position you for better jobs and higher compensation
- Partner with Deanna and her executive team and see the inner workings of a small business
- Get school credit, if desired
- Know your internship is making an impact on small businesses across the world
- Easily work around your school, work or other commitments
- Add interesting projects to your portfolio
- Improve your resume, cover letters, and job search plan
- Experience benefits as a member of our family long after your internship is over like networking opportunities, introductions, references, and more
These internships are perfect for students or others (working or unemployed professionals, creatives, stay-at-home Moms and Dads, people exploring a career change, and anyone looking for work experience.) Your energy and excitement are more important than your past experience or your educational background.
We welcome applications from people of every age group, skill level, and background. We work with individuals who want to get more experience and skills and those who are enrolled in academic programs.
Applicants must exhibit clear and professional written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented, work well without direct supervision, and have the ability to follow through on a project from beginning to end. No experience is necessary; we will train you and give you all the tools you need to be successful.
We offer virtual internships, you can participate from anywhere in the United States with just a computer, phone, and reliable internet access. You don’t have to be in Portland, Oregon where we are located.
Internships are great, but virtual internships are even better!
- Work with an employer from the comfort of home.
- Save time (no commute) and money (no gas and no professional wardrobe).
- Academic credit can be arranged in most cases.
- Intern as little as 10 hours a week according to your schedule!
Paid or Unpaid
Even though our internships are unpaid, we know the experience, mentorship, training, and non-monetary benefits will your career far beyond the term of your internship! Just recently one of our past interns said she got called for a job, and got it, just because of some specific experience she gained during her internship.
Interns will be offered the opportunity to make a difference in businesses and lives of entrepreneurs and small business owners. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our culture is one that is innovative and customer-focused. Interns can expect to be challenged and supported, have an internship project plan and feel connected and valued by our community.
Internships require just 10 or more hours per week for 12-16 weeks depending on the internship project you’re working on. This can be adjusted to meet specific hour requirements for academic purposes. Positions are available now for our Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall 2013 programs.
You’ll get experience with the strategies, tactics, and tools and programs we use to market our business. With what you learn you’ll be better prepared for your career search or starting your own business!
You’ll learn and use some of the most popular marketing software and tools for small business including: WordPress, Infusionsoft, Instant Teleseminar, Audacity, Google Apps, Evernote, Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more!
Marketing internship projects will typically include one or more of the following:
- web and graphic design
- video and audio marketing
- social networking
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- joint venture partnerships and affiliate marketing
- speaking engagement coordination
- develop and launch new products
- Web Design & Graphic Arts Intern
- SEO & Web AnaIytics Intern
- Customer Relationship Management Intern
- Internet Marketing Intern
- Speaking Engagement Coordinator Intern
You will get experience writing on a variety of topics relating to the business, management, leadership, and personal development fields. At the end of your internship you will have samples such as creative writing, journalism and public relations that you can add to your portfolios!
Communications internship projects will typically include one or more of the following:
- blogging and article marketing
- newsletters and email marketing
- teleclasses and podcasting
- audio and video production
- copywriting and press releases
- Social Media Intern
- Public Relations & Publicity Intern
- Copywriting Intern
- Audio/Video Intern
Contribute to helping others like you to grow their skills, experiences, and resume by supporting our internship program.
Human Resources internship projects will typically include one or more of the following:
- Designing fun and exciting internship projects
- Writing project and internship descriptions
- Creating the “how-to” guide for each internship
- Making connections with schools and other potential sources of interns
- Developing internship marketing strategies and materials
- Reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates
- Conducting new intern orientation
- Collecting intern testimonials and feedback
- Developing ongoing alumni opportunities and communications
Human Resource Positions
- Recruitment Intern
- Training & Development Intern
- Project Development Intern
- Internship Coordinator Intern
Steps to submit an application:
1. Email us your resume and cover letter to JoinOurTeam @ DeannaMaio.com
2. In the subject heading of the email enter one of the following areas of interest:
- Human Resources
3. In the body of the email please provide the following:
- Why you would like to work for us
- Where you would like to be personally and professionally in the next five years
- Links to your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles
- Answer the following question in your email:
- If applying for Marketing: What interests you about Marketing?
- If applying for Human Resources: What interests you about Human Resources?
- If applying for Communications: What interests you about Communications?
Thank you for your interest in our team!